355 GELCOAT PASTE REPAIR KIT
A gelcoat putty for repairing cracks, gouges or holes in gelcoat. This paste cures tack free. Wet sand with 400 grit and finer and buff to a gloss.
Kit includes gel paste 8oz, MEKP catalyst, sandpaper, mixing stick, spreader and wax paper. Comes in neutral and white. The neutral can be pigmented to a desired color.
- Clean and dewax the surface with 361 Verikleen, 1271 epoxy solvent, lacquer thinner or detergent of your choice.
- Scrape or sand the inside of the gouge being careful not to scratch the surrounding gelcoat.
- Catalyze with 2-5 drops of MEKP per teaspoon of gel paste.
- Work the catalyzed gel paste into the gouge, thoroughly wetting the surface and working out as many air bubbles as possible.
- Cover the gel paste with wax paper. Starting at one edge, smooth the wax paper surface with a straight edge, pushing out air bubbles and excess gel paste as you work your way across the patch.
- When cured, remove the wax paper.
- Using a sanding block with 400 grit paper and water with dish soap, smooth the patch down to the existing surface contour.
- Next sand with 600 grit, then 800 grit to further smooth the surface and buff to a gloss with buffing compound and wax (optional).